Friday, September 9, 2016

9/14/16

Updates

I'm very relieved that we've finally been given some guidance on what exactly is the goal of our project. It was strenuous to be tasked with a completely new project that none of the teammates had any knowledge on. I'm sure over time we'll become more accustomed with vibrations, but it's still very daunting right now.

I'm excited to start designing what the new guideway will look like, though I'm a bit disappointed it won't incorporate any changes in bogey design, since we have to use the current bogey in our testing. (It has a ton of wheels!) SolidWorks will be fun to use again, and I'm interested in learning more about the built-in load testing features. I'm especially interested in learning about shock absorbers and integrating them into the new suspension design. It will hopefully turn out well! I'm a little apprehensive that I've been chosen as the team leader, but hopefully my team will be there throughout the whole process to support the work we're doing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment